Selecting a web hosting service is very crucial task, you need to be very careful because your whole online business might effect because of your single wrong decision. Thus before selecting any web hosting, you must be aware of all your website requirements. Once you are sure what you want, there are few things to consider before selecting any web hosting service.
5 Proven Method To Pick Right Hosting:
You should know that: WordPress is a memory hogging software. Your hosting needs to be powerful and optimized for hosting WordPress blog. In 2015, you will find many reliable hosting companies who are now offering WordPress optimized hosting. For ex: Siteground or Bluehost.
Purpose of Website
First thing is to check out the purpose of your site. Is your website is going to be small with less resource, or it is going to be a website which will contain huge data and resources? For small and new business, shared web hosting is an ideal choice because of its cheap price. But if you are going to have a big online business website like e-commerce than it is better to go for dedicated web hosting service.
Tip: Most of the new WordPress blog can do well on a shared hosting. A shared hosting for WordPress blog will cost you about $6/month.
Disk space and Bandwidth
If you are going to have huge traffic on your website and more resources, then you will require good bandwidth to meet your customers or visitors expectations. Visitors repel if they have to wait for loading time of the website. Another aspect to remember is Diskspace, according to your website requirement you must check out that you are getting adequate disk space or not.
Tip: I recommend you to integrate CloudFlare with your hosting. Cloudflare is a free service, and it will help you to prevent bad bots from accessing your site. This saves a lot of bandwidth and resource. None the less, CloudFlare offers free CDN. Here is one video tutorial which shows how to integrate Cloudflare.
Reliability and Backup
The main problem with many web hosting servers is their downtime and many times it results in website crash. Thus, it is important to check out that the web hosting company provides some guarantee and reliability. The other thing to check is the backup facility of your files and data, in case if your website gets crash.
There are many web hosting companies available with different services and rates and discounts. You will get shared web hosting, dedicated web hosting or free web hosting at various price because you will get the control about the server accordingly. Thus, make sure you are getting the required control according to price.
Support and Maintenance
Support and maintenance are two things which you will surely required while setting up your website. Thus, make sure that the web hosting service is providing you proper customer support, 24*7 online chat, phone call, etc. It is important that you get time to time maintenance of your web hosting service.
All above points are important to consider when you want to select web hosting service. Which things you take care of while purchasing a web hosting service?
Also, check out list of Recommended WordPress Webhosting.
5 thoughts on “5 Tips to Select Best Web Hosting”
Yes, the support is very important especially for newbie. Sometimes we don’t understand what happened with our blog behavior 😀 because newbie always did trial and error. Thanks
Thanks for sharing these tips. Before choosing a web hosting company you must have a domain name which is very important in the results of your websites. Choosing a good small domain name with your main keyword in it can help you big time in getting good positions on search engines.
Your article does not touch on a problem which I find difficult to clarify on WP hosting.
A lot of sites make promises of unlimited domain names which turnout to be just subdomains.
However they can be addressed as straight domains but the structure of the files is like a subdomain.
Can you give us a clear indication of what to ask to make sure that one can get root domains without them being subdomains or addon domains
8 more tips 🙂
1. Know the location of your servers, their specifications in detail and where and by whom they are maintained (datacenters).
2. Ask about the support options and if they are free of cost.
3. See the previous reviews and testimonials of the webhosting provider.
5. Knowledge and Experience of the staff in the business.
6. Uptime and reliability.
7. Most importantly – ToS (Terms of Service)
8. Never choose a hosting provider that has offshore hosting (servers in germany, nederlands and norway) unless you really need to host something illegal or unethical 😛
Nice and really relevant points…. i would also like to share some points….
* It is always better to carry out some research work before selecting any particular web hosts. There are several methods of finding out a company and conducting research on web hosts.
* It’s better to avoid a free web hosting company. These companies cannot provide ample space. They have large number of limitations that range from domain names to account space.
* Those who are going for a cheap web hosting company should always find out how old the company is into this kind of services.
* Customer feedback to for the company would also be considered when client is looking for a web host. The customer feedback also include customer services that the web hosting company offers.